Thursday, February 23, 2012

The first of many

Played a set at Pirates bar last night, which was exciting. It's the first gig of the year in Grahamstown, and there are set to be many, many more. I'll probably be playing again on Saturday at Champs Action Bar for the Acoustic Fireside Jam. These performances will mark a definite shift away from covers. I mean, we all love covers (especially drunk people who believe with all their heart that they can sing), but I feel that I have to take Phil Moffet's advice (he's a great guitarist who used to play/study/work/live in Grahamstown) and get into my own style and songs. It was also the first time I've unveiled my spanish and flamenco influences. I am very excited about where this is all going (although it would have been nice to have had a bigger crowd - i guess that's what you get for taking the too-early 8pm slot).

Nothing much has happened on the rowing front. I have what appears to be the preliminary stages of bronchitis, and so i'm trying to nuke that while it's still in the bud (thank God for Louis Pasteur). I tried going for a run yesterday, but after 7km my lungs almost seized up; it felt like I was trying to breathe through sand.
I'll just have to postpone serious training until my body is ready for it. I know it is possible to train when sick, but I'd rather not chance it.

And for all those University party lovers, it's our rowing party on Friday, coupled with my and a friend's 21st celebrations!

Until next time, Dear Reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment